Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We signed the line

Yes, we have finally signed our contract on our new house to be built. Brian and I are so glad and we are counting down the weeks until we get to go to closing 21 weeks exactly from this Friday. After our last home being our HUGE project home we are excited to have something new.
I have been spending many hours already looking at fabrics for window treatments and paint colors for the walls. I know what style I like very modern with an artsy twist. We are saving our pennys to buy some new furniture since we haven't had anything new in almost 13 years. Our kitchen table is going to be replaced with a fun glass top table that we already picked out at a really fun new furniture shop here in the city. Plus we are going to purchase a couple of chairs for our living room since we only have our Pottery Barn red sofa right now. (We are in need of seating for our company)
So, for all of my friends out there I need your help send me some of your advice on some really fun modern paint colors. I really want something different but classy. I am tired of the khaki, beige walls that you typically see in a new home. This is when I wish that I had Juli's sister who is an interior designer (or something like that).
I will try and post some pics of our land tomorrow so you can at least get a glimpse of our lot. Don't forget to leave your comments on colors!

1 comment:

JJandFive said...

haha : ) you are so fun : )
you need to see our "new" house. we've lived here for four years, but I don't think you've seen it since we decorated it. a lot more muted than our old house. come visit us! (although i'm not sure you'll like our wall color choices.) My sister says to let your color come from dramatic drapes, and the wall color to accent those.....
Don't ask me! (As you said, she's the one that does our house, not me!) : ) I love Southern Living magazine though, and if Ellen didn't do my house I'd probably copy right out of that magazine ; )
call me if you're ever in the area.
love ya,
Juli
p.s. I'm really glad to hear you are getting a new home and furniture. What a fun little blessing : ) An adventure, eh?!