Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We are expecting!

I am expecting a lot of health issues =(
I went into work yesterday as usual and carried on my daily routine. Then all of a sudden around 3pm I had severe chest pains. I had to call my manager over to my desk and then I blacked out and all I remember next is the paramedic saying we can't read her pulse. I was breathing very light quick breaths that were very hard to take in. I remember them asking me some questions and I tried to answer them. I was very cold, gray in color and praying under my breath. I could not move all I could do was lay there on my work floor beside my desk.
At this time I was really struggeling within myself I remember praying the sinners prayer and for God to take care of my family and loved ones. I remember thinking to myself "Do I really want to fight to breath anymore" "Of course I do" but the pain was so unbearable.
They were finally able to get a pulse on me and rolled me out to the ambulance. There they had issues with trying to get an IV started on me because of my tiny veins. After the second try they got the IV in and we were on our way. They took me to CMC uptown since it is closest to my work. There they ran a series of EKG's, Cat scan, blood work etc. Then just after Brian had to leave to get our little ones from school the Dr came in to let me know that my heart looked great but he really thought that I had a blood clot in my lungs. WHAT LORD??? Why me you see this time exactly a year ago I was battling possible ovarian cancer and the fear of that.
Now I was of course thinking the worst and I just kept praying "Lord calm my weak spirit please Lord give me strength you knew me before I was born Lord you know my beginning and my end. Lord I don't want this to be my end please just ease my uneasy mind". I was so scared at this moment that I was shaking with cold chills all over my body.
Then the Dr came back and explained that he wanted to draw more blood work and send me for x-rays of my lungs. So, they drew several vials of blood and off we went to x-ray. That was not a fun experience either since I was still having pain in my chest but also my lower back and shoulders. After the x-rays I was brought back to my room to lay down and wait for the results.
I was pleased to hear that they did not find a blood clot but my blood work did come back with a lot of specualtion. So, this time we were off to ultra sound. This was a pretty lengthy ultrasound of all of my organs from different positions. The technician was very pleasant and talkative which made my time there much calmer.
Then I was back in my room to wait once more. Now Brian was still not back yet as we live a little distance from the hospital and he was trying to get help to watch the children so he could come back to be with me. I really enjoyed the feeling of needing my husband his strength his love. The song "he will give and he will take with my heart I choose to say blessed be the name of the Lord" just kept flowing through my mind. My spirit started to calm down and I closed my eyes and just thought of all of my blessings that the Lord has given me. I have a loving husband, three great children, family and friends, a new home I am blessed beyond measure.
Then Brian walked in the door what a sense of relief he always sees the positive when it comes to my health. We waited for the Dr. soon after the doctor came in and announced to us that I did not have a blood clot in my lungs YEAH! but, I do have a Gallbladder packed full of gallstones and I need to have surgery to have my Gallbladder removed as soon as possible. Also, my blood work for my liver showed abnormalities and it will require further testing. Now until the surgery takes place there is a chance that I will go through this pain again and I may need to have an emergency surgery done if my Gallbladder ruptures.
Tomorrow I have a Dr. appointment with our regular office for more blood work and to receive a referral to a surgeon. I would like to see if there is a natural route to take for these gallstones to go away I will be asking tomorrow. Today I am feeling better although right now I am having a lot of pain in my back and moderate pain that comes and goes in my upper abdomin. I will be on a no fat, low preferably no acid diet to help with the pain caused my these gallstones.
Please keep me in your prayers as I will be needing a lot of strength to make it through this trial. One of my co-workers sent me an email this morning "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops. How true this is I have been saying all day that there is pain in the offering. God has used my marriage and my health to show me his loving mercies do shine through it all andin the end I will say Blessed be the name of the Lord.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness girl! I will be praying for you. What a tough day you had. Keep us updated and remember this is from the LOVING hand of our Lord. He works all things together for our good!

Madeira girl said...

Oh Shawna! I am so sorry to hear about all of the pain and fear you have been going through! We will be praying for you. I love that you have co-workers sending you scripture. How kind of the Lord to place people in your life even at work. This fire too shall refine!